Monday, June 28, 2010

Ethiopia...Here we come!!!

So we leave on Wednesday morning from Grand Rapids. We need to fly to Chicago and then to Washington DC before we are actually on our way to Ethiopia. Once we leave DC we have a 16 hour flight to Ethiopia. We will stop in Rome to refuel, but we won't get off the plane. I'm hoping I'll be able to sleep a big portion of the flight there! I don't really like flying either, so I'm also hoping and praying for smooth flights!! :)

Everything has happened so fast since we got our referral. I really didn't expect to be traveling this soon, but I am glad we are! I'm happy that it will be summer time when we bring her home and happy that we will have a big part of the summer for her to feel comfortable here before the crazy school schedule starts! (not happy that we had to pay peak airline prices!! yikes!) But God has provided all we need! God also provided a free mattress for us this week, it's awesome how everything has come together!

Please pray for us this week as we travel and as we meet our little girl for the first time! (I promise she'll has a name soon!!) And for our girls as they stay with my parents while we're gone. They are not too upset about us leaving, they are actually very excited because they get to play with their cousins almost the whole time we're gone. Today they said they wished we were leaving now so they could go to the cottage for the 4th of July! I think they'll be fine!

My next post will include pictures of our trip! I won't be able to blog from Ethiopia, so I will post pictures when I get back!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Sarah, this is so exciting! The kids and I will be praying for you as you fly and as you meet your newest daughter! Can't wait to meet her when you come home!

Mom R. said...

Our prayers and love go with you as you journey around the world to bring her home. Eyerusalem is a very lucky girl to be a part of your family. Your girls will be having so much fun, you will be home before they know it!! Try to relax and rest up on the plane before the excitement begins (drugs are a wonderful thing :)

Lynn P. said...

Your folks told me today about your news. How exciting for all of you to welcome this new addition to your family! You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you journey to Africa. Safe travels!