Monday, September 01, 2008
Jamaica
Our trip to Jamaica has come and gone. I can't believe how fast it went!! I finally have pictures to share. We had a great trip!! We got a lot done while we were there, although there was still plenty more to do when we left! We were in Kingston which was incredibly poor. I didn't realize how bad it was going to be until we got there. Their crime rate is incredibly high and most building are surrounded by large walls or fences with barbed wire on the top. Some areas where people live were only shacks. It makes you appreciate living in the U.S.
We spent time at the orphanage and at a deaf school while we were there. The children at the deaf school were on summer break, so they were not there. We did all manual work at the school, sanding and painting concrete walls mainly. At the orphanage we spent most of the time just hanging out with the kids. They were very friendly and so cute. We brought each of the kids a back pack filled with goodies, that they greatly appreciated. It was fun to spend time with them, but also hard to leave...Someday it would be great to go back!!
The trip was awesome and I hope to go on more like it in the future!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment